Fellowship

About Us

Club Number 6052, Organized 1926

Rotary International

District 7690

 

The Asheboro Rotary Club is a member of one of the oldest service and professional organizations in the world. The Rotary movement began in 1905 in Chicago, Illinois, and has since spread around the globe.

The Asheboro Club was sponsored by the Rotary Club of High Point. Then-District Governor S. Wade Marr, of Raleigh, together with a High Point committee made up of Joe D. Cox, Dr. Houston Hiatt, and Wingate Andrews, formulated the plans necessary to organize the new club. Charter Number 2450 was presented by DG Marr at a dinner meeting in the Ashlyn Hotel in Asheboro on January 28, 1927.

There were 21 charter members of the new club. Arthur Ross served as President; Cleve Thayer, Vice President; and Ed Morris, Secretary-Treasurer.

 

Charter Members

 

Past Presidents

 

If Rotarians have a “creed,” it is found here—

 

The Four-Way Test of What we Think, Say or Do:

 

1. Is it the TRUTH?

2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?

3. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?

4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?

 

Rotarians Enourage Every Rotarian, Every Year, To:

* Participate in a humanitarian or educational project that truly makes a difference somewhere in the world.

* Contribute to the Rotary Foundation’s Annual Programs Fund.


Club Officers

Bulletin Archives

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Newsletters you can trust